The application process will be conducted online.
Please read the application guidelines. These can be downloaded as a pdf file from the DOWNLOADS section. Read the entire document carefully and ensure that you meet the various eligibility criteria before beginning your application.
If you are uncertain about how any of the criteria apply to you personally or you have any other questions about the contents of the application guidelines, first visit the FAQ section of the website and see if your question has already been answered there. If not, please use the 'Contact Us’ section of the website to contact our staff directly.
Outline of Online Application Procedure (Updated on November 16th)
December 7, 2020 to January 7, 2021(JST)
* The system will be accessible after the application procedure opens.
* Detailed instruction will be displayed on the system.
* Please refer to the application guidelines for more information.
Payment of the Application Fee (Updated on November 27th)
Payment Period: December 1, 2020 to January 7, 2021 (Japan Standard Time)
Method of Payment
The application fee can be paid by online credit card payment. If you wish to pay by bank transfer, please contact the PEAK Undergraduate Admissions Office by December 20, 2020.
Please pay JPY5,000 application fee by following the link below:Website for credit card application fee payment
1) Choose “Examination Fee.”
3) Choose “The University of Tokyo (PEAK Undergraduate Admissions).” Then press “Next.”
- There will be a transaction fee of JPY500 charged in addition to the JPY5,000 application fee.
- It is possible to use a credit card registered with a third person, such as a parent or a guardian. However, make sure that the applicant’s name is typed in the “basic information” page on the payment website.
- Please keep the “Receipt Number”. You will be required to input it when you submit application.